“Over the years, Epson has established enduring relationships with world-renowned photographers,” said Paul Warren of product management, Epson America, Inc. “This dialogue gives us insight on how to improve our technology to better meet pro photographers’ needs in the field. The Epson P-6000 and P-7000 are products of this relationship and cater not only to professional photographers, but also advanced amateurs and photo enthusiasts with a range of valuable features.”
More than ever, the Epson multimedia photo viewer is the ideal companion for the digital SLR. Epson’s exclusive Photo Fine® LCD technology has advanced to a new benchmark in screen quality with the introduction of Photo Fine Premia. Encompassing an unprecedented 94 percent of the Adobe RGB color gamut, Photo Fine Premia surpasses the high standards of discerning professionals. Download speeds are up to 35 percent faster than previous models for added productivity. With 80GB (P-6000) and 160GB (P-7000) hard drive capacities, thousands of the largest RAW image files can be backed up wherever images are captured for peace of mind and security.
“Epson’s multimedia photo viewer is critical to my work. The screen is gorgeous; the fidelity, color and brightness are superb. Knowing my images are backed up helps me sleep at night – halfway around the world,” said Bob Krist, professional travel photographer for magazines including National Geographic Traveler, Smithsonian and Islands.
Epson’s powerful new LCD technology uses an innovative, four-color filter system that embeds color elements within one imaging pixel for greater dynamic color range than a conventional LCD. Images are displayed at a higher pixel density for smoother gradations and better color transitions. Each shot can be viewed as it was originally captured – with superior resolution, brilliant detail and vibrant color on a large, four-inch 640x480 (VGA) LCD screen.
With an intuitive, user-friendly interface, Epson’s multimedia photo viewers give on-the-go photographers the ability to zoom in on RAW and JPEG images, confirm histogram data and create custom folders – all without the risk of bringing a laptop to often remote and hostile locales. Both models also support video and audio file storage and playback. The new Epson P-6000 and P-7000 are essential tools for achieving a more efficient, on-location workflow.
• Available in September for an estimated street price of $599.99 (P-6000) and $799.99 (P-7000), the Epson multimedia photo viewers offer the following key features:
• Large 4-inch LCD with new, exclusive Epson Photo Fine Premia technology displays over 16.7 million colors, encompassing 94 percent of Adobe RGB color space for superior color accuracy
• 80GB (P-6000) and new 160GB (P-7000) high capacity hard drives
• Faster download speed – up to 35 percent faster than previous models
• New convenient jog dial to quickly scroll through images
• Wider LCD viewing angle
• Zoom function to confirm image focus and fine detail
• RAW and JPEG file support
• Built-in CompactFlash and Secure Digital memory card slots with many other cards supported via third-party adapter
• Compatible with high-speed UDMA CompactFlash cards
• Rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to three hours for extended shoots
• High-speed USB 2.0 interface for device to device backup
• Audio/video output to present customized slideshows
• Travel Pack for enhanced portability (P-7000 only; includes dual battery charger, car adapter and more)
The advanced features of Epson’s multimedia photo viewer line offer a level of performance and versatility pros have come to expect from a leader in the imaging industry. “My Epson multimedia photo viewer has performed flawlessly under severe conditions,” said Boyd Norton, freelance nature photographer for National Geographic, Time, Conde Nast Traveler, and author of 14 acclaimed books. “The zoom feature and histogram allow me to confirm fine details while I’m still on location. This rugged, high-quality piece of equipment is a vital part of my workflow.”
For more information about the Epson P-6000 and P-7000 multimedia photo viewers, or other Epson products, visit www.epson.com.
About Epson America Inc.
Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning image capture and image output products for the consumer, business, photography, and graphic arts markets. The company is also a leading supplier of value-added point-of-sale (POS) printers and transaction terminals for the retail market. Founded in 1975, Epson America Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, a global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality technology products that meet customer demands for increased functionality, compactness, systems integration and energy efficiency. Epson America Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif.
Note: Specifications subject to change. Epson and Photo Fine are registered trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other products and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.