SANTA ROSA, CALIF – In December, Think Tank Photo will release the Shape ShifterTM, the first backpack designed to expand and contract to fit DSLR equipment. By contracting down to 3 inches, the backpack keeps photographers from having to carryaround a large foam box on their backs once their equipment is removed. To be alerted when the backpack is available, go to www.thinktankphoto.com/shapeshifter.
The Shape Shifter was designed for:
• Photographers that want a lightweight solution with significantly less foam and padding than traditional photo backpacks;
• Photographers that travel a great deal by airplane and public transportation that want to carry the maximum amount of equipment in the smallest package
• Photographers that want to reduce the size of the backpack after their gear is removed. (Note: some gear can remain in the front, like two strobes, and it can still be compressed to the smaller size with the zipper);
• Photographers that use modular belt systems. After they remove most of their gear and put it on their belt, they then can then collapse the backpack;
• Photographers on the run that must travel with up to 17” laptops and have the necessary accessories with them to transmit images.
• The Shape Shifter can be compressed to 3 inches in width once equipment is removed.
• Once the majority of photo gear is removed, the bag can be collapsed and the photographer can still carry up to a 17” laptop and accessories, but in a much smaller package.
• Rear compartment for up to 17” laptops has medium padding for protection and comfort.
• Photographers can to wear their belt system, with components attached, and still support the weight of the backpack with the belt.
• The inside compartment has neoprene pouches for:
o 2 Pro DSLR bodies
o 1 70-200 2.8 with hood reversed
o 1 24-70 2.8 or similar with hood reversed
o 1 16-35 2.8 or similar with hood reversed
o Stretch pockets on the inside can also hold two strobes and other accessories
• Includes a strap system to mount either a monopod or tripod on the front the backpack.
• Padding on the back has an airflow system for breathability and comfort.
• Outer Dimensions when COLLAPSED: 20 x 12.5 x 3” ( 51 x 32 x 8 cm)
• Outer Dimensions when EXPANDED: 20 x 12.5 x 7” ( 51 x 32 x 18 cm)
• Inner Dimensions of the LAPTOP CASE compartment: 19 x 12 x 1.5” (48 x
30.5 x 4 cm)
• Inner Dimensions of the DSLR Camera compartment (Note that because there are neoprene pockets to hold the photo gear, the normal internal dimensions stated have less meaning): 19.5 x 12 x 4” (49.5 x 30.5 x 10 cm)
• Estimated Base Weight (without any straps or accessories attached:
3 lbs, 13 oz (1729 grams)
Price: $249.00 (US)