“Since its original introduction 10 years ago, Genuine Fractals software has defined the category for high-quality Image-scaling and ease of use,” said Craig Keudell, president of onOne Software. “Now more than ever serious photographers have come to rely on the Genuine Fractals algorithms to produce high-quality enlargements from their digital image files. We are pleased to be able to offer a free upgrade to the new version to anyone who purchased Genuine Fractals 4.1 or Genuine Fractals Print Pro 4.1 since December 18, 2006. It’s just our way of saying thanks to our customers.”
The new version of onOne Software’s flagship product Genuine Fractals will feature several new improvements and workflow enhancements including:
• New User Interface & Photoshop® CS3 Compatibility – In addition to being compatible with Photoshop CS3, Genuine Fractals 5 has been rewritten as a Universal Binary to be fully compatible with both PowerPC and Intel-based Macintosh computers. Genuine Fractals 5.0 also has a brand-new user interface that streamlines the image scaling process.
• Improved Scaling Algorithm - The patented scaling algorithm in Genuine Fractals has been improved to deliver even better results than before.
• Improved Scaling Performance - Genuine Fractals 5.0 will fully support multi-processor computers such as dual processor and dual core computers as well as AltiVec and SSE acceleration to deliver superior scaling results faster than ever before.
• Built-In Sharpening Controls - Genuine Fractals 5.0 gives users the option to add sharpening to a file during the scaling process. Users will have control over the amount of sharpening that is applied and they can preview the sharpening results before the one step scaling and sharpening process.
• Built-In Film Grain Controls - Genuine Fractals 5.0 also gives users the option to add simulated film grain after a file has been scaled. Users will have control over the amount of film grain that is applied and get a preview of the results; and it can be combined with the new sharpening controls if desired.
• Additional file format support - Genuine Fractals 5.0 supports 8-bit and 16-bit RGB and Grayscale images. Genuine Fractals Print Pro 5.0 also offers additional support for CMYK and LAB color modes.
• Improved Batch Processing Support - Genuine Fractals 5.0 offers improved batch processing support for scaling multiple files in one step.
The full version of Genuine Fractals 5.0 will be available shortly after Photoshop CS3 is commercially available in 2007. Pricing for Genuine Fractals 5.0 will be $159.95 for new users and $69.95 for users upgrading from a previous version bought before December 18, 2006. Genuine Fractals Print Pro 5.0 will be $299.95 for new users and $69.95 for users upgrading from a previous version bought before December 18, 2006.
About onOne Software
onOne Software develops time-saving software solutions for professional and advanced amateur photographers in the digital photography and graphic design industries. onOne Software solutions have been created to help photographers spend more of their time behind the camera taking pictures instead of the computer workstation. Such solutions include a wide range of easy-to-use plug-in enhancements for Adobe® Photoshop®, Photoshop Elements and QuarkXPress®.
onOne Software delivers the highest quality software products to users by working with industry leaders and continuing to develop core technologies for professional photo and desktop publishing solutions on both Macintosh and Windows operating systems. Founded in 2005, onOne Software is a privately held company located in Portland, Oregon. For additional information, visit www.onOnesoftware.com or call 1-888-968-1468.