The industry’s first-ever embedded spectrophotometer greatly simplifies accurate color-matching for the HP Designjet Z2100 8-ink and HP Designjet Z3100 12-ink printers – bringing to life true, vivid colors with the touch of a button. Professionals ultimately save time and effort as they can easily and consistently produce the exact colors they envision, time and time again.
Age before beauty? The HP Designjet Z Series delivers both. Using HP Vivera pigment inks, the Designjet Z Series ensures unparalleled photo permanence – 200+ years lightfastness1 – on a wide variety of HP media. There are also 11 new HP media offerings to round out the total portfolio to more than 30 choices, further expanding flexibility and creative opportunities.
As the first large-format printers (24″ and 44″) to employ HP’s Scalable Printing Technology, the HP Designjet Z Series provides superior reliability and optimized ink consumption. Even switching between matte and glossy printing is now possible without swapping ink cartridges and wasting time and ink to reconfigure the printer.
Key Features and Benefits
- The Designjet Z Series printers deliver a streamlined, automated color experience with museum-quality output.
- The HP Designjet Z2100 8-ink photo printer is the perfect solution for photographers, graphic designers, architects and commercial printers in need of high-quality, large-format prints and proofs. The HP Designjet Z2100 features HP Vivera pigment inks that include Three-Black inks.
- The HP Designjet Z3100 12-ink photo printer, ideal for creative professionals in photography, digital fine arts and pre-press, offers extended capabilities for museum-quality color and black-and-white prints on a wide variety of media, including fine art and glossy media. The HP Designjet Z3100 features additional HP Gloss Enhancer, and HP Vivera pigment inks including HP Quad Black inks.Consistent and accurate color with first-ever embedded spectrophotometer
- Featuring the first built-in spectrophotometer with GretagMacbeth/X-rite Eye-One Color Technology, the HP Designjet Z series printers economically deliver consistent, accurate colors across a wide range of media, print to print.
- Industry-leading color gamut, with more than 80-percent Pantone coverage2 and full support of main pre-press color standards such as Gracol and SWOP, enables brilliant, life-like photos and fine art prints with excellent color rendition and fine gradations within the color space.
- Matte black, photo black and mid- and light gray HP Vivera pigment inks are designed for true gray neutrality to produce smooth transitions, higher black optical density and low image grain on glossy and matte media – without swapping ink cartridges.
- HP Gloss Enhancer with the HP Designjet Z3100 is used on photo media (with the exception of matte-finish papers) to produce images with uniform gloss from highlights to shadows, and eliminates bronzing as an image quality issue3. In addition, the HP Quad-Blacks significantly reduce metamerism issues in black and white prints.
- Consistent, reliable results over the life of the product — HP Vivera pigment inks are carefully designed to work with other elements of the printing system to provide reliable, stable performance and to help prevent ink and printhead nozzles from clogging inside the printer.
Produce exquisite long-lasting prints with HP Vivera pigment inks
- With 8- and 12-ink options, the HP Designjet Z Series printers offer precise, long-lasting color optimized for a variety of photo and fine art papers that provide superior fade resistance and durability that lasts more than 200 years1 using HP Vivera pigment inks.
- Print matte and photo black inks without swapping ink cartridges, eliminating wasted time and ink to reconfigure the printer.
- HP Vivera pigment inks offer a choice for customers who need a broader solution beyond dyes, offering professional image quality and long-lasting photo permanence, accurate and consistent color reproduction, and smooth transitions and detail across a wide range of paper.
- HP’s industry-leading portfolio of media offers creative professionals more than 30 options, including photo, fine art, proofing, bond and coated papers, as well as canvas, vinyl, scrim and banner media options. The HP Designjet Z Series can print with or without borders4.
- HP Designjet Z2100 Photo printer with matte black, photo black and light gray HP Vivera pigment inks are designed for gray neutrality to produce smooth transitions and black optical density on glossy and matte media – without changing ink cartridges to reduce ink waste.
- HP Designjet Z3100 Photo printer with HP Quad Black (matte black, photo black, gray and light gray) delivers beautiful black and white prints with true gray neutrality and significantly reduced metamerism.
- HP Gloss Enhancer is used on photo media (with the exception of matte-finish papers) to produce images with uniform gloss from highlights to shadows, and eliminates bronzing as an image quality issue3.
True print confidence with HP dependable technologies
- HP’s Scalable Printing Technology combined with the Optical Drop Detector and Proactive Printhead Maintenance features ensure efficient printing, prevention of nozzle clogs and optimized ink consumption.
- HP Easy Printer Care/HP Printer Utility Software helps the user proactively maintain the printer and manage printer status, desktop alerts and automatic updates, saving time and effort.
- HP Print Preview eliminates trial and error and reduces wasted ink and media with real-time layout and orientation preview from drivers on Mac and Windows.
- HP Color Center effortlessly guides users through color management and printing and intuitive instructions enable easy ICC profile creation and installation. Additional Features
- The HP Designjet Z Series printers are PC and Mac compatible5.
- HP ProPrint Plug-in and Adobe Lightroom, co-developed with Adobe, enable the user to print expected colors on the first try. The free HP ProPrint Plug-in is expected to be available December 2006. The Adobe Lightroom “Calibrate Printer” button launches color management tools directly from within the application, available October 2006.
- HP’s Advanced Profiling Solution6, co-developed with GretagMacbeth, provides additional options for profiling and system calibration.
- Adobe postscript 3 available thru EFI’s RIP Designer Edition 5.16, developed with HP-specific inputs, offers new photo features and an improved user interface, giving graphic designers full control over digital proofing needs. A postscript embedded version of the HP Designjet Z Series is expected to be available in Spring 2007.
- Imageprint v.6 photo RIP from Colorbyte is optimized for use by prosumers and professional photographers.
- ColorProof v.4 prepress RIP from GMG works directly with the embedded spectrophotometer for print verification.